YOUTH AND POLITICS
Today, we will be talking on youth and politics. For the next few weeks, we will be trashing the roles of youth in politics, the reasons why youth (christian youth) should be in politics. The meaning of youth and politics and the likes. Your contribution will be appreciated.
Just before we kick off, Let me start by defining the two major words: “Youth” “Politics”
1. Who is a Youth?
• A stage of life when a person is consider young.
• A time between childhood and adulthood..
• A stage of adolescence.
• A state of being young
• A stage of learning to be an adult
• A stage of being strong
• A stage of Juvenile delinquent
2. WHAT IS POLITICS?
1. Politics is the activities of being involved in getting done for the society
2. Politics is using power in public life.
3. Politics is the ability to influence decision that affect the society, community , state and country.
4. Politics being involve with a political party to canvass for votes.
5. Politics asking for vote or being voted for in an election.
6. Politics; holding a political views or beliefs.
7. Politics is about holding an idea to better the society and humanity.
8. Politics; becoming a member of parliament or legislature.
9. Politics; being elected or appointed to serve in government.
10. Politics; is using a power within a group or an organization.
3. WHAT SHOULD BE THE ROLE OF THE YOUTH?
1. Youth are strong and vibrant
2. Youth are the custodian of the future – future belongs to youth.
3. Youth are change agents.
4. Youth with their educations and exposure can make transformation possible.
5. Youth don’t settle for less.
6. Youth by nature are forward looking; the old look at things as it used to be.
7. Youth must get involve in politics as way preparing for the future.
8. Youth should consider politics as a civic responsibility
9. Youth in any society must cast their votes.
10. Youth can stand for elective offices.
11. Youth can serve in government at any level.
12. Youth should join political parties as way of being involve in governance.
4. WHAT THE YOUTH SHOULD NOT DO?
1. Don’t allow yourself to be used for the destruction of the society.
2. Don’t allow yourself to be used as a thug.
3. Don’t allow yourself to be used in rioting.
4. Don’t allow yourself to be used in an injustice.
5. Don’t destroy the society you are meant to inherit.
5. WHAT ARE BIBLICAL INSRUCTION? Ps 71:5 “For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD: thou art my trust from my youth.”
1. The Certainty of a Day of Reckoning- Eccl. 11:9 Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment.
2. The Value of Restraint-La 3:27 “It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth.”
3. The Power of Personal Influence-1Ti 4:12 “Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity”
4. That Soberness is Better than Frivolity – Tit 2:6 “Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.”
5. Moral Strength is Mightier than Physical –
Pr 20:29” The glory of young men is their strength: and the beauty of old men is the gray head.”
1Jo 2:13 “I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.”
1Jo 2:14 “I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.”
6. WHAT ARE BIBLICAL EXAMPLES FOR THE YOUTH
1. Joseph Gen. 41:38, 46 ” And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is? And Joseph was thirty years old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt. And Joseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went throughout all the land of Egypt.”
2. David 1Sa 17:33 “And Saul said to David, Thou art not able to go against this Philistine to fight with him: for thou art but a youth, and he a man of war from his youth.”
3. Joash 2Ch 24:1 “Joash was seven years old when he began to reign, and he reigned forty years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name also was Zibiah of Beersheba.”
4. Josiah 2Ch 34:1-3 “Josiah was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem one and thirty years. And he did that which was right in the sight of the LORD, and walked in the ways of David his father, and declined neither to the right hand, nor to the left. For in the eighth year of his reign, while he was yet young, he began to seek after the God of David his father: and in the twelfth year he began to purge Judah and Jerusalem from the high places, and the groves, and the carved images, and the molten images.”
5. Timothy 2Ti 1:5 “When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.” 2Ti 3:15 “And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.”
Welcome to the discussion forum, kindly drop your view/suggestions and questions using the comment box below as we learn from each other.
I would have be against this thought of yours, if you had not included "Christian" Youths
I would have asked a lot of questions.....
There's is a comedy all around now that since the beginning of this generation, they've never seen the wife of the president pregnant.
I saw the post I smiled....
How do you expect the wife of a man above 60 to still get pregnant?
That is to say, youths are not involved in politics before now
The question is that who are the youths to rule in the society? Hmmm the youth of this days are so desperate to get rich and not integrity,i wonder what would be left for the incoming generations
Cos the society has already been denied
I rest my case here